1. What is your favorite type of wedding to be a part of?
Any wedding really, I absolutely love them! It is so exciting to be a part of such happy events in the lives of others.
2. What is your favorite 'of the moment' color palette or theme? Why?
Currently, I am loving anything with a vibrant color, such as yellow, and slate grey. I feel that the grey provides a sense of sophistication, but isn't quite as serious as black. And a vibrant color provides an outlet for fun and personality.
3. What is one word (or small phrase) that describes your brand and/or your work?
Personal. Unique. You. This truly explains what I do; all of my invitations are custom. I prefer to not offer any premade designs because I believe that every wedding and every couple is different, so they shouldn't have to pick invites out of a catalog.
4. What is your favorite business moment?
It was amazing after sending out my first set of invitations, to receive compliments from people I didn't know. Hearing praise from strangers gave me the desire to work even harder to create amazing invitations.
5. What is the best advice you can give a bride-to-be?
Don't stress over the little things. The littlest details can seem so important during the planning process, but at the end of the day, what matters it that you and your groom are happily married. So gather your friends and family, and have a great time.
6. What is your favorite source of inspiration?
First and foremost, the couple. My designs are intended to capture their personalities, along with their wishes for their wedding. But my inspiration also comes from my second design love, interiors. I love looking at images in decor magazines, and trying to replicate the feeling on paper.
7. What is your favorite spot in KC?
I don't really have a favorite spot that I keep going back to, but my husband and I had dinner at Seven downtown on Valentine's Day, and it was an awesome restaurant. Swanky atmosphere and great food.
8. What is your favorite indulgence or greatest weakness?
Chocolate ice cream with almost any topping. I am an ice cream junkie!